Infertility and Acupuncture:
Are you trying to conceive or going through IVF. Our doctor of Acupuncture can assist with your journey. Acupuncture can increase fertility by reducing stress, increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs and balancing the endocrine system, according to several studies and medical research. … Acupuncture can help to keep the normal flow of this energy unblocked, thereby increasing a couple’s chances of conceiving.
Benefits of Acupuncture during Pregnancy
Some studies have shown that traditional acupuncture can reduce the nausea and vomiting associated with morning sickness
Getting to sleep and staying asleep is trickier than ever during pregnancy. Research has shown that acupuncture can improve pregnancy related sleep disturbances.
Lower Back Pain
Research published in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology reports acupuncture could reduce pain in the lower back along with pelvic pain.
Research has shown that acupuncture can reduce pregnancy-induced headaches; women who received it also used less medication.
Depression during pregnancy is common, affecting nearly one in four women — but a targeted type of acupuncture may help. For a 2010 study published in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology, for eight weeks clinically depressed pregnant women who weren’t previously taking antidepressants received general acupuncture, acupuncture specific for depression, or massage. The severity of depression symptoms decreased most among women who received acupuncture for depression.As an evidence-based-medicine practitioner, Dr. Kevan references the most current research that substantiates acupuncture for restoring fertility in both men & women. Benefits include:
- Balanced endocrine system and hormones.
- Improved IVF/IUI success rates.
- Improved sperm quality: reduction in the number of structural abnormalities in sperm and an increase the overall number of normal sperm.
- Increased ovary function and follicular development.
- Maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
- Improved digestion & relief from morning sickness, nausea, heartburn, constipation.
- Reduced pain: sciatica, low back, hips, pelvis, headache, muscle spasms, labor pains.
- Turning a breeched fetus (in the 8th month).
- Heightened sense of well-being & lower anxiety.
- Mama-baby energetic connection for healthy baby development.
- A strong immune system.
- Expedited post-labor recovery.
- Increased milk production.
Dr. Kevan’s treatment includes acupuncture, nutritional counseling, recommended breathing techniques and therapeutic exercises, lifestyle and stress counseling, moxibustion, Qi Gong meditation, and Chinese herbology. Each of Dr. Kevan’s gentle treatments is customized to your unique health goals.
Initial consult is 90 minutes to include treatment $200.00
Follow up appointments 60 minutes $150.00
You and Dr. Kevan will determine your treatment plan during your initial 90 minute consult.